Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Baby! It's Beautiful Outside


Bandung has been raining a lot this recently and sometime it’s pretty much annoying especially if you don’t have your umbrella with you but there is always something special in the rain and cold weather, whether the smell of wet grass in the morning, the sensation sleeping under your warm blanket accompanied by the sound of the pouring rain outside in the evening or fetch out your favorite jumpers that you have been hiding in your closet waiting for the right weather to wear them or warming your tummy with hot soup/tea/coffee. But I know that for some people cold weather makes life more difficult. Sorry for that….lol

Yesterday the sun was shining so bright, I didn’t have any better idea than went to the county side garden. Since not only because it’s a beautiful but it’s located in the hill so it’s exactly a place that I want to visit in a long time. As I walked down the street, I feel like I was in a balcony for I can see a cloud would wash right through town and chill its bone and I feel like i were watching over the whole world, wonderful it was :)

It’s still fresh in my mind how when I was a little girl I used to grow my small garden with variety of flowers that I got stolen from the forest next to my village and how I used to go to the rice field miles away with my parents and brothers to grow seasonal plants such as paddy, corn, vegetables and cucumber. Spending hours watering them and then bringing home overflowing baskets of our own field produce.

And as I sat down on the hut waiting for the dawn, how weird or maybe ironic I think how something that was so ordinary for me now become something extraordinary. Got to admit that everything does change! Change itself was born in the very same moment as universe, time, earth and mankind. And as a human, we sometimes waste our life and time denying change and as a result, those who can't accept change will live in suffering and will not truly living as Darwin once said that “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” So it's way better if we have to learn to live with it just as we have learned to live and endure the storms.


Love

Rose

No comments: