Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Bintan Garden Resort


So yeah, I finally went out of my beloved city. The mad lady who usually writes here was having great time in every corner of Bintan Garden Resort with pair of neon flat shoes for putting ‘walk for fun’ in a sentence. Hear me out though, practically everything in this resort is drop dead gorgeous. When I sat by the pool early in the morning, ready to embrace the beauty of sunrise, I heard myself was talking to The Mad Lady(My self) saying“Damn, I wish it’s my private holiday, i want to jump off to the pool so bad”. Yeah…it’s not a holiday, it’s an errand, a duty. But I made the best of it for sure and it’s such a great opportunity for me since I was there for covering this MetaMan Iron Distance Triathlon 2012. One of the biggest Triathlon events in Southeast Asia. There were more then 250 professional Athletes from 35 countries that consist of 193 male and 37 female. This event combines swim, bike and run. MetaMan stands for the courage to attempt and the conviction that if the mind is willing the body will follow. I couldn’t agree more with the philosophy. Set your mind so that you can set your action.

Let me help by saying how feel fantastic it is to be here. To me, this is where my favorite things lies on (wonderful nature, beautiful resort, amazing weather, great sports and good looking athletes (should I tell that they have great muscles too).

How annoying it's when you on your duty with that name tag written (indonesia.travel) hanging on your neck screaming "Don't flirt, you are working under Indonesian Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry valued name".

Almost 80% the land of Bintan Island is forest and the rest is villages and resorts. The journey was one half an hour from Jakarta by daily flights. By the time I were out of the Tanjung Pinang airport, Bintan’s capital city, I craned forward determined not to miss a single thing in Bintan.

A massive thank you to Indonesia's Tourism and Creative Economy Ministry for the most generous invitation.

What a wonderful experience!!! 


Love

Rose  

No comments: